Skateboarding course for surfing skills’ development
We have developed a specialized skateboarding course to help you develop skills for riding waves and making turns.
These classes will enable you to improve specific elements of surfing, when you have already reached the “line-up”, caught the wave and are standing on your feet, riding the wave and performing various maneuvers.
We noticed that those who regularly practice skateboarding are much more confident and make rapid progress in improving their surfing skills. Skateboarding perfectly supplements the practicing of surfing when you live in the city.
Skateboarding course for surfing skills development
6 sessions / 12 hours
What you need to take to the session: light athletic clothing and sneakers / sneakers with a thin sole
Course start: AUGUST 17, 2020.
Venue: Moscow, Tankovy proezd, 4, stroenie 32 (with free shuttle from metro Ploshchad Iljicha and back).
21:00 - 23:00
Group No. 1
21:00 - 23:00
Group No. 2*
* - an additional group, formed when Group No.1 is full
- Our instructors have long experience of surfing waves;
- We are constantly developing and improving teaching skills, we complete regular training;
- The aim of surfing lessons on trips is the maximum progress of students;
- Depending on the surfing level and experience we recommend the most comfortable and safe waves;
- We exploit actively post-surfing analysis using photos/video;
- We provide individual approach to everyone; we supervise throughout a tour;
- We combine training on water with analysis and setting of surfing technique on land.
- We find for you the best waves worldwide, considering seasonality, crowds on spots and forecasts in each location;
- All trips are thoroughly worked out in advance involving both own team and foreign surf experts;
- Tours’ programs combine optimally surfing and a wide range of excursions;
- Our assortment contains classical directions as well as unique author's expeditions to the most extraordinary and interesting corners of our planet;
- We pay special attention to photos/video shooting on trips. Operators work from land, air and water. Colorful video and picture albums are created from the trips;
- Travel programs are harmoniously complemented with sets of exercises on the land for stretching and restoration after physical load on the ocean, as well as
Join our workouts and you will:
- Understand the principles of how your body should work when performing various maneuvers in a skate park, and then on the waves in the ocean.
- Significantly improve your riding skills not only for classical surfing, but also for wakesurfing and artificial urban waves.
- Learn to gain and control speed, which will allow you to make more radical movements on a wave.
- Cope with the feeling of fear that arises when you start moving along the wave, as we will lead you to the so-called “drop” (starting at the top of a wave wall).
Initially, skateboards were invented by surfers who were looking for an opportunity to train when there was a bad surfing weather forecast. We get a unique opportunity to practice many important movements in surfing before going on a trip to the ocean. And, once on the ocean, we will really enjoy riding waves and reaching new heights in this sport!
The skateboarding course for improvement of surfing skills has been developed together with a professional team of skateboard instructors. We take the most effective elements in terms of surf preparation from this discipline. We do not consider skateboarding as a separate direction for our courses. The program provides invaluable experience for students, and helps to develop new wave-riding skills.. Training not only includes practical exercises, but theory as well.
The training package includes:
Special program for improving surfing skills in an indoor skateboard park
Lockers, shower and toilet at your disposal
Free use of a skateboard, full protection kit, and a branded T-shirt
Transfer from / to the metro
A guaranteed result in improving skills by the end of a course, and which you can use in ocean afterwards
Photos from training sessions
Skateboarding course for surfing skills’ development
Reviews of our club
Surfway Moscow, for me, is a tropical surf-island in the harsh reality of Moscow. Every time when I come to the ocean, I think that I should have trained more. I recall Surfway training in Moscow and I understand that, without them, I would have wasted my two-week vacation uselessly splashing in the foam, taking a picture with the surf board and then telling my friends that I am a surfer. =) Surfway Moscow always has an emotional and cheerful atmosphere. Great guys! Thank you for everything!
Thanks to the entire Surfway Moscow team! I am always ready for a "line-up," even in Moscow. For anyone who wants to surf but is not ready to change their country of residence, I recommend training and getting ready for surfing in advance. In Moscow, this is possible in the Surfway Moscow surf-school.
Recently, someone told me that being a surfer in Moscow is difficult and impossible. I had the same opinion until last year. It seems, it is not so. Surfway Moscow proved it. The guys love and cheer for their work, they widely spread their enthusiasm, and what is the most important, they train and teach something that seems impossible to do in city conditions - to surf. And you know, they're doing great.
I got to Surfway Moscow school on recommendation. I did not even think that I would really take to surfing, but the waves and atmosphere of the ocean soaked me into this hobby. When I had decided to keep my fit in Moscow, I seek help from Surfway Moscow. And here I believe, it is the coaching staff to become the main advantage for me. They make it possible to properly feel what surfing is. I attend training sessions at least two to three times a week. Although I not always do everything right away, the main thing is not to give up, and the school of professionals helps with it!
This is great project! As I understand, it's one of a kind in the Moscow region. We do boat wakesurfing, and took the course "Surfing preparation for beginners". We really liked it! Wakesurfing is a wonderful thing and great entertainment, as well as a very effective preparation for surfing. Everything is organized very well: training spaces are conveniently located, there is always a choice of place and time. Great team! Positive, open, enthusiastic people, who adore what they do. I recommend Surfway Moscow to everyone who plans to touch the magical world of surfing, and to everyone who has tried surfing and wants to reach a whole new level.
The guys from Surfway Moscow developed an excellent program that allows you to try your hand at mastering waves far from the ocean and regardless of your level of physical fitness. They treat their students with great attention and care and rejoice at students' successes as their own. In such an atmosphere, you learn quickly and easily. Training is very diverse, but at the same time, everything is aimed at acquiring the necessary skills for the ocean. For example, the technique of pop-up on a surfboard is first practiced on land and then trained in the pool. The guys were attentive to my back injury and helped find a way for me to take-off for surfing that was comfortable.
Good afternoon! I would like to express my gratitude to Surfway Moscow. In February, 2016, I came to Surfway for the "Surfing basics for beginners" BEST course. These were very informative, interesting, and productive two months of training, as a result of which I learned the basic rules of surfers' behavior on the "line-up," learned how to read forecasts, and how to determine the best time for a ride. I also mastered skate-surfing, and what is the most important, these courses helped me to catch my first wave during a trip together with Surfway Moscow to Vladivostok. I would also like to mention that Surfway is not just about fun trainings, it is also a team of about interesting, diverse, and fun people! Thanks to Surfway, especially to our teacher Denis Drogaykin, for excellent classes, new friends, and, of course, for the first wave! I am pleased to continue to take lessons with you!